Sunday, February 7, 2010

1 month in the books




I can't believe 1 month has passed since being let go. So much has changed, but at the same time I haven't seen much activity in terms of response to what I have looked at.

I think what's bothering me most about this is the fact that that things that I especially enjoyed doing when I was employed such as working out has fallen by the way side during this. This is the absolute worst time for me to do this and at the same time this is the best time for me to take advantage to optimize my workouts. On a normal workweek I was working out 4-5 times a week. Since I was laid off, I have only been to the gym 5 times total. I need to stop this and I need to stop it now.

It also seems like to me that on days that I do work out that a job opportunity develops and presents itself. I have to go along with the mindset that "by working out things will start working out."

But speaking from experience, getting out of that mindset and into that rountine is the hardest thing to do. I know I can do it, but I'm having a hard time actually breaking out and going back to it.

1 comment:

  1. Brian,
    As far as exercise is concerned I know that Stephanie found herself in a slump while unemployed last year during the winter months. What got her back in to her routine was signing up for the "Meet the Beach" race. It gave her a concrete goal to meet with an actual date attached to that goal. Consider running a 5K in early spring - maybe that would help. She also found it helped to get out of the house early and worked on her computer from coffee shops since she'd be around people. Too easy to eat at home and too expensive to eat at coffee shop so it was a win/win. Maybe you could combine your workouts with a stop at coffee shop near gym several days a week. Hope that helps, Donna.

    ReplyDelete