Thursday, January 21, 2010

Right or Right Now


So my interview for a banking consultant position went extremely well. The position looks intriquing, the length of the contract being roughly 3 years is stable, and what could come out of is appealing.

However herein lays the question. Is this the right job or given my circumstances the right now job?

This is a position that I am qualified for, would probably pay me at least the same as I was making before and would offer training and development and a career progression plan for long term success.

Problem is, given my feeling of working in the industry, do I want more of the same thing or something different.

There are pro's as I mentioned to taking this position with the company should it be offered to me in that it would definitely enable me to provide for my family and especially allow Kerry to take 12 weeks off for maternity leave. But my issue is do I want to lead by example for my son and wait for the right opportunity and find something that I would be excited to do, or more or less be the responsible husband and father and take this to support my family?

In any event, I have to go with the feeling that nothing is definite. But situations like this are the only viable ones that I am seeing thus far and I may need to bite the bullet at least in the interim given what's going on.

2 comments:

  1. Being in a situation alike, I do try to believe that a job is a means to get something else, progress, BUT here in latin america jobs are almost a favor for you to survive, if you don't like it the exit door is wide open.

    Previously, I have gone through tiring selection processes just to get and accept underpaid jobs. Interim jobs that I have had to leave once a better opportunity shows. This is tiring...

    Best of luck
    http://cl.linkedin.com/in/ferthelet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your writing because you described really an exclusive news. Thanks for sharing such an informative post.

    ReplyDelete